“Sustainability is a crucial topic at the present time in the construction and real estate sectors. Increasingly, ecological, economical, and socio-cultural issues are focal points in the planning, construction, and operation of buildings... Buildings are responsible for approximately 30 % of raw material use and 40 % of energy consumption and carbon emissions worldwide.“ The German Sustainable Building Council (DGNB for “Deutsche Gesellschaft für Nachhaltiges Bauen”), 2012.
As a member of the DGNB, STRAWTEC® understands the importance of sustainable building and it is our mission to offer sustainable, healthy building solutions, which are innovative yet economical.
STRAWTEC® wall systems fulfill the requirements for sustainable building and healthy living by utilising the high-performance STRAWTEC® panel as the primary component.
- RESIDENTIAL: Innovative designers and builders use STRAWTEC® for faster, more efficient building. STRAWTEC® wall systems subjectively and objectively improve the quality of living space with excellent physical and environmental properties.
- COMMERCIAL: STRAWTEC® state of the art wall systems for commercial building offer a healthy indoor climate and energy-efficiency. As environmental certification of buildings becomes increasingly important STRAWTEC® leads the way.
- RENOVATION: With fast, economical installation, the application of STRAWTEC® leads to energy-efficient renovated buildings with impressive sound insulation qualities. Furthermore, the use of a natural raw material results in an improved indoor climate.
STRAWTEC® panels are extremely robust and have an impressive range of physical properties including
- a very high strength to weight ratio
- excellent thermal insulation and heat storage capacity
- excellent sound insulation and acoustic properties
- superior fire resistance
- high resistance to mould and pest infestation
- load-bearing capacity up to 80kg per screw
STRAWTEC® has undergone extensive testing and meets the German DIN4103, British Standard BS4046 and the French CSTB Norm AT9/11-941.
STRAWTEC® is 100% recycable and biodegradable, with an excellent CO2 footprint and the manufacturing process uses one tenth of the energy needed to manufacture standard drywall. With a core made from renewable resources, STRAWTEC® already fulfills the future requirements for energy-efficient, healthy building materials.
STRAWTEC® comprises a core of untreated wheat straw with no added resins or harmful chemicals, covered with recycled cardboard, designed to be humidity-
regulating and breathable for a healthy indoor living environment. STRAWTEC®
provides carbon sequestration and low VOC's.
A STRAWTEC® strawboard wall is self-supporting and constructed more easily, quickly and efficiently without studwork. Solid, robust walls can replace conventional hollow drywall at no additional cost.
- wall system
- dry wall systems
- internal wall
- external wall
- sustainable buildings
- insulation system
- fire protection wall system
- sound protection wall system
Hours of operation