R and R Fish Farm was started from a passion of farming and aquaculture by Matt Reynolds and Patrick Rigotti. They started this project with the intention to reduce the effect of over-fishing and harmful exploitation of our natural resources and to provide and supplement a healthy food source for the world's and specifically Africa's ever increasing population.
Copious amount of time has been put into researching and studying the Tilapia species including their reproduction cycles, stock management and production for consumption capabilities. The Tilapia fish farming industry is fairly new in South Africa, however, is growing exponentially due to its demand and success internationally.
HIGH QUALITY AND CONTROL
At R and R Fish Farm, we adhere to the strictest control standards to ensure the high quality of our Tilapia. Our Tilapia breed prolifically, and in a short space of time, due to our carefully controlled system, stock selection and management, yielding Tilapia that display the best possible characteristics for which they were initially selected.
Five important factors outline the management of our stock:
• Water quality - our water comes from a natural source and is suitable and kept at the correct temperature which is essential for the fish growing cycle. The water is continuously tested to ensure it is kept in the best possible state for our Tilapia to breed and grow healthily.
• Feed quality - our fish are raised without the use of growth hormones, antibiotics or other industrial pollutants. The Tilapia are fed a natural diet which make our fish a healthy, high quality food source.
• Stock densities - our system is in line with the correct specifications which enable a high production rate.
• Technologies - a large amount of research has gone into being able to create and develop our system we operate with at the farm. This system importantly enables us to minimize the environmental impact in all our operations.
• Gene pool and stock - we have selected only the best stock to breed, grow and produce, ensuring the high quality of our fish.
We have committed ourselves to uphold quality assurance protocols and to continuously research and develop our systems in every department, in order to improve our production processes on an ongoing basis.
- Wholesale and Retail supplier of Organic
- Locally farmed fresh water Tilapia
Hours of operation